Introduction to Uniform Canvas
This tutorial will guide you through the process of building a web application that uses Uniform's composition capabilities:
- Build a web application using your preferred front-end framework.
- Enable layout to be controlled by non-developers.
This is a very basic web app by design. This will allow you to focus on the Uniform bits instead of getting caught up with styles, design or complicated application functionality.
The tutorial supports the following front-end frameworks. If you use one that is not listed, let us know so we know people are interested in more examples:
You must have the following available in order to complete this tutorial:
- Node.js v14+ installed locally.
- Uniform account with administrator access. If you do not already have one, you can sign up for a free account at https://uniform.app.
- Uniform extension for Google Chrome. This is optional, but this tutorial uses it to help explain how Uniform classification and personalization work.
We recommend choosing one of the following as your next step:
- Start the tutorial. This will guide you through the process of adding Uniform to a web application, explaining what you are doing as you go along.
- In case you prefer to learn by looking at a finished solution, we provide a finished version of this tutorial that you can run in your preferred environment.