Content types represent the structure for individual pieces of content stored within Uniform. For example, a
blog post could have a single-line text input for
title, a multi-line text input for
summary, a date picker for
publish date, and a rich text editor for
body. Each of those elements is referred to as a field.
Create a content type#
- In Uniform, open your project.
- Navigate to Experience > Content Types.Create a Content Type.
- Click Create a Content Type.
- Enter the following values:
Field Description Is required? Content Type Name Name that describes the content type or its purpose. Required Public ID Name that uniquely identifies the content type. This value is available to developers. Required Checkbox: Use only for blocks If selected, can be set as an allowed type in a block field; can't be used to create a standalone entry. Checkbox: Autogenerate data types If selected, data types (for single entry and query) for the content type will be automatically generated. Icon The icon displayed next to the content type and any entries created from it. This helps users immediately identify elements. Description A brief description of what the content type is for to help authors understand how entries created from it will be used.Example: Add a 'Movie' content type.
Fields are the individual pieces that make up a content type. To add a field:
- Open or create the Content Type you want to add fields to and scroll down to the Fields tab.Add a field to a content type.
- Click Add field.
- Select a field type. The field type determines the kind of value you can set for the field. Learn more about how to configure individual fields.Select which type of field to create.
- Click Save on the bottom of the dialog to update the field configuration. To add another field you can also select Save and add another option in the button dropdown.
- After all field updates are complete, make sure to save the content type to apply your changes.
Now that your content type is complete you can create a content entry based on its structure.