For this exercise you will deploy your project to the edge using Vercel's CDN. During the lesson you will:
- Add your web application to a GitHub repository.
- Create a Vercel project.
- Connect your Vercel project to your GitHub repository.
Deploying a Uniform-powered web application to Vercel - or to any CDN - doesn't involve any steps that are unique to Uniform. If you are comfortable with deploying a Next.js application to your CDN, you can skip this section.
In addition, there are many ways to deploy an application to a CDN. The steps below describe just one of those options. You aren't required to use this approach.
Create a source code repository#
- In GitHub, create a new repository.
About this step
These instructions use a repository named
uniform-dev-essentials. You can name your repository whatever you like.
- In the root folder of your web application, delete the folder
This may be a hidden folder on your system.
- Open a terminal in the root folder of your web application.
- Enter the following commands:git init git add --all git commit -m "first commit" git branch -M main git remote add origin https://github.com/<YOUR ACCOUNT>/uniform-dev-essentials.git git push -u origin main
Create Vercel project#
- Log into your Vercel account.
- Add a new project.
- Import your Git repository.
- On the Configure Project page, add the environment variables from your
- Click Deploy.