This tutorial covers how to build a custom integration for Uniform, and a web app that uses the integration. You will complete the following:
- Create a configuration app - This is a web app that extends the Uniform dashboard to incorporate your custom integration.
- Register the custom integration - This makes your custom integration available to Canvas users.
- Configure Canvas component - This enables editors to add components that use data from an external system.
- Create an enhancer - This enables front-end developers to retrieve data from the external system without having to learn the external system's API.
- Create a demo app - This is a web app that uses the components and compositions an editor defined in Canvas.
If you learn better by studying a fully implemented, working example, see the finished demo section. This skips all the learning and helps you configure a working demo in as few steps as possible.