commercetools allows you to create powerful, highly customized commerce experiences while building a profitable, sustainable brand.
This integration allows business users to build personalized landing pages and storefronts by repurposing product content from your commercetools product catalog. It also enables developers to use their preferred front-end tools to build these applications.
Add Uniform integration#
Adding the commercetools integration to your Uniform project adds new parameter types that you can add to your Uniform Canvas components.
Before you start
You must the following available to complete this setup:
- commercetools account with administrator access.
- Uniform account with administrator access. If you don't already have one, you can request an account at https://uniform.dev/try.
Get connection settings#
To configure a connection to commercetools, you need to create an API client. This gives you the settings that will enable Uniform to use the commercetools API:
- Log into the commercetools Merchant Center.
- Navigate to Settings > Developer Settings.
- Click Create new API client.
- Provide a name.
- Under Scopes, make the following selections:
- Categories > View
- Products (all) > View
- Products (published) > View
- At the bottom of the screen, in the download your credentials section, switch to Environment Variables (.env).
- API credentials are displayed. Save these values because you will need them in the next section.
In Uniform, open your project.
Navigate to the Integrations tab.
Scroll to the section Browse Integrations.
Click Add to project.
Enter the required fields:
Field commercetools environment variable API Url
Enter the optional fields, if applicable:
Field Description Locale Sets the locale for product titles Canvas users see in product fields. Currency Code Sets the currency displayed to Canvas users on products.
Explore the new parameter types that are available when you configure components using Uniform Canvas.