Add Uniform integration
Adding the Shopify integration to your Uniform project adds new parameter types that you can add to your Uniform Canvas components.
You must the following available in order to complete this setup:
- Shopify account with developer access.
- Uniform account with administrator access. If you do not already have one, you can sign up for a free account at https://uniform.app.
Get connection settings
In order to configure a connection to Shopify, you need an API access token. This gives you the settings that will enable Uniform to use the Shopify API.
For more detailed information and instructions, see the Shopify documentation.
- Log into Shopify and open your store.
- Create a custom app.
- Add the following access scopes:
- Admin API > Product listings > read_product_listings
- Admin API > Products > read_products
- In the section Webhook subscriptions, note the value of Event version. You will need this value to configure the integration in Uniform.
- Save your changes.
- Install the app.
- Note the value of Admin API access token. You will need this value to configure the integration in Uniform.
In Uniform, open your project.
Navigate to the Integrations tab.
Scroll to the section Browse Integrations.
Click Add to project.
Enter the required fields.
Field Description Your development store Your Shopify store ID. You can find this value in the URL you are logged into Shopify and connected to your store. It is the first part of the domain name. For example, if the domain name is
myshop-1234.myshopify.com, the store ID is
Webhook version The value you collected when you created the custom app in Shopify. Access Token The value you collected when you installed the custom app in Shopify.
Click Test to ensure the settings you entered are working correctly.About this step
It is important to test the connection because saving the settings doesn't test if the settings work.
Explore the new parameter types that are available when you configure components using Uniform Canvas.