The philosophy behind Uniform Optimize is based on this simple paradigm:
Visitors to your site have an intent, something they want to accomplish. A reason for their visit.
Personalization aims to make it as easy as possible for the visitor to accomplish their intent. With Uniform, you can build up a real-time intent profile of every visitor and use this profile to make personalization decisions.
We identify a visitor's intent by signals that they send. Signals cause a change of the visitor's score in a specific intent:
- Behavior showing specific content.
- Values from cookies.
- Marketing campaigns that bring the visitor to your site.
Uniform allows you to set a strength to control each signal's intent score change. Some signals indicate a stronger intent than others:
- Passive signals (weak): Classification from a Customer Data Platform (CDP).
- Implicit signals (weak): Consuming content on a specific topic that shows intent.
- Explicit signals (strong): Visitor self-identifies interest.
Want to see how you can use Uniform Optimize to get started with personalization? Check out Five Personalization Tactics for Your Contentful Site.